If you look closely, the boy is standing back AWAY from the sparkler. I think dad tried to give junior the sparkler and he was too scared so it is falling to the GROUND, not the boy’s foot. I see nothing wrong with this picture. Just my opinion.
It’s a propane tank on a barbecue, there’s about as much chance of it exploding from being hit by a sparkler as there is of that kid getting hit by a car in his backyard.
That tank would have to be engulfed in flames for any chance of an explosion and even then there equipped with a blow-out valve that usually will just shoot a flame in the air till it runs out of gas, they rarely explode.
Educate yourself my friend.